Crews respond to electrical fire at Mount Sion | Public security
MOUNT ZION – An electrical fire on Friday night at an apartment in Mount Zion sparked a multi-party response.
Mount Zion Fire Captain Paul Hartwig said a fan in a ceiling had apparently overheated, causing the insulation to burn and smoke to be created to escape through the roof vents of the two-person structure. floors.
Decatur fire crews respond to three suspicious fires early Friday
Hartwig said no one was at the house where the faulty ventilator was discovered. Neighbors, however, said the occupant told them there had been a fire earlier in the day and had been extinguished before leaving.
Firefighters were called to the apartment building, located at Dogwood Drive and Bucks Lair Court around 6 p.m.
In addition to Mount Zion, crews were on site from the Long Creek and South Wheatland fire districts as well as the Decatur ambulance service.
Hartwig said there were no injuries.
The inhabitants of Mount Zion over the years